GpsPrune demo video
For those who have never used GpsPrune before, or who aren't sure which functions are available, this demo video shows some of the real basics of using the application.
It includes how to load a file, how to view openstreetmap images and change to opencyclemap backgrounds, how to view point details and view in 3d, and finally how to save in various formats.
The video is in the form of an animated gif, runs for about 2 minutes and costs you 570 kB. Just click on the slide below to start the demo.
There are more demo videos of GpsPrune and its basic functions now available at youtube. The available videos include:
- First video - introduction to the application using version 8, basic load and save functions and map views
- 3d demo - a short clip demonstrating the interactive 3d view using java3d
- Version 9 demo - an overview of the new features introduced with version 9 of Prune
- Version 10 preview - demonstrating the new altitude lookup function using SRTM altitude data from the Space Shuttle
- Photo correlation - demonstrating how to link your photos with your GPS tracks to find the coordinates of each photo
- Trip planning - using wikipedia and Prune's track drawing functions (new with version 12) to plan a trip to London
- Editing an OSM relation - using OSM, JOSM and GpsPrune's segment-sewing functions to convert an OSM relation into a single-segment track
Other people's Youtube videos
Thanks very much to the user community, who appear keen to help others use GpsPrune. Here's one example, in Spanish, showing track editing, drawing, altitude lookup and saving. You don't need to understand much Spanish to follow this, the audio track is only music anyway :)
- Mapea tus montes - Edita tus Tracks y crea nuevas rutas (edit your tracks and create new routes)